Before we begin, make sure you have the following:
- WordPress setup and configured
- Your WordPress username (or email associated with the username)
- Your WordPress password
STEP 1: Logging in to WordPress:
- Login to WordPress using the following URL: yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Note: Replace “yourdomain.com” with your actual domain, whether it’s .net, .org or anything else.
- Enter your username
- Enter your password
- You should now be logged into the WordPress Admin Dashboard
STEP 2: Editing a page or post:
- Click on “pages” in the main left hand navigation. Likewise, click on “posts” if you’re editing a post.
- Select the page you would like to edit by hovering over the list item and selecting “edit” or by clicking the page title
- Edit the page in the text editor
- Click preview to preview your changes before clicking update
- If all looks good, click update!
- Q: I cannot click on the page or post that I want to edit. What’s up?
- A: This means the login/password you are using to access the WordPress Admin Dashboard (The Dashboard) is set to either a subscriber or author. You will need to have either “Editor” or “Administrator” access to edit an existing page or post.
- Q: How do I get the Editor or Administrator login/password?
- A: When the WordPress website was initially set up, that user had the original Administrator (Admin) password. Contact the Admin and ask them to either:
- update your username to have Editor or Admin access
- Provide you with the Admin or Editor login/password
Still need help? Contact Us
Last updated on April 3, 2017